CROSSPOINT IMPLEMENTATION – CASE STUDY
About the Company
Just Master Activities is an import and distribution company with a strong presence in the FMCG market in Romania, holding top positions in the market segments in which it operates.
The company operates nationwide and has more than 2,800 outlets. It has an efficient logistics structure adapted to the flow of goods, which allows the use of modern distribution channels alongside traditional ones.
Some of the project challenges
- The reduced number of spaces reserved for picking compared to the large number of landmarks;
- Need for very high accuracy in delivery orders;
- A large number of commands with a small number of landmarks;
- New attributes within master data;
- Large number of interfaces with the ERP application;
- Sales prescriptions requiring dynamic conversion between equivalent products.
The Go-live in the Just Master Activities warehouse was held on February 1, 2017, and during the next months other modules needed to optimize existing processes within the organization were implemented.
Implementation coincided with the move of the logistics structure to a new warehouse, which allowed for a redeposition of the stock based on the put-away criteria included in the solution.
Full coverage of the scenarios by performing a detailed analysis allowed a fluid transition to the new workflow and a rapid adaptation of the team from the warehouse to the new procedures.
Testimonial Valentin Bălănescu
Just Master Activities:
- WMS deployment motivation
- post-implementation results
- direct and indirect benefits
- return on investment
- relationship with the implementation team
- Feedback on using Crosspoint
Initially implemented features:
- Vendor Batch Traceability
- Quality Mode
- Advanced Put-away Criteria
- Advanced Horizontal and Vertical Replenishment Criteria
- Order picking to manage volume controls
- Batch picking to manage small orders
- Consolidate to aggregate orders with the same destination
- VAS Labeling and Packaging Products
- Integrated IT solutions (about 20 active interfaces): ERP, EDI couriers.
- Checking commands with workstation integrated with mass scanner
- Partial reception to allow quick unlocking of the accepted and available sales area of already validated items
- Label Integration Process for Special Requirements
- Kiting activity with variable recipe and interchangeable products
- Return and Commodity Custody
- Existence of multiple zones with specific replenishment rules
- Possibility of blocking items for certain locations in the store, blocking locations for specific items
- Minimum, Maximum, Critical Reserve Stock Management
- Integrated AWB automatic wrapping consolidation flow
- Generate transport proposal by volume command
- Team Load Monitoring and User Level Score
- Complete package status traceability by integrating courier solutions directly into WMS. Crosspoint interrogates courier IT systems to provide complete information on delivered package status
- WMS Deliverability Performance Indicator
Later implemented features:
Operations norming & cost management
Do you want to know more about the operations in your own warehouses to optimize them and reduce costs?
- Reducing inventory time 50% 50%
- Traceability 100% 100%
- Picking productivity increase 60% 60%